Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal (ca)     05 October 2012

Related to grand fathers property

Sir,

actually there is a dispute arising in my family regarding grandfathers old property at (ballabhgarh) faridabad region , haryana.. 

sir the case is this that my father had a property in 1968 and on just a paper he had transfered or just named the property towards me butt ( not legally ). now i am having 3 childrens ..my 2 sons and a married daughter...my both sons is also married .. now they are demanding their rights in my fathers property saying that this is ours grandfathers property and we all are eligible to distribute..means we all i.e.(my boths married sons , my daughter nd me ) equally...but i dont want to distribute that property to them as that property is my only residence. 

so what is the legal frame in this thing please help me . i am a 75 years male and in a very big need of your help on this .

waiting to see your reply .

thankyou

Learning

2 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     05 October 2012

The contents of that paper is important even though it is not legal, at the very worst ur children cannot claim equal share but can claim in the share of ur father considering that if partition waseffected between u and ur father and ur been died intestate .

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     06 October 2012

dear querist ,

the property is self acquired property of your father and inherited to you via a document/gift to you by your father so your children dnt have any right over that property and there are many similar case judgements by various high courts and supreme court similar to your case query,feel free to call if you have left any query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register