LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. khan   16 May 2023

Related to extramarital affair/Uninformed second marriage and divorce

Please advice it's a matter of life of my sister.

My sister's husband is employed in Qatar and they have two kids together ( A boy and a girl). Yesterday all of a sudden he sent her a pdf file stating he wants divorce from her. After doing a bit of self enquiry we came to know that he is having an extra marital affair behind her back and alleged to have married her as he has called that women to Qatar several times without our knowledge.
My sister is distraught as she doesn't have any source of income and this sudden divorce can impact her and children's lives alot.

Please advice what we can do so that he can't get away with the injustice he's doing to my sister.


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     16 May 2023

First let her file an application under section 125 cr PC for maintenance, meanwhile she should challenge the notice of divorce in the court and also mount the socail pressure to settle for maintenance.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2023

If a notice is received then she can issue a reply notice denying the allegations or if it was a court summons, she should participate in the case and record her strong objections.

If she has evidence to prove that he married that woman, she can fila a private criminal complaint for the offences of bigamy under section 494  IPC against both.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2023



Mr. khan   16 May 2023

Yes He is Indian national

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register