LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Singh (self)     26 August 2012

Rejoinder in consumer court

I have filed case in consumer court against the agent for issuing me fake insurance cover note and also made the insurance company 2nd party as the cover note number is available in their records but actually issued to someone else.  The agent gave written reply to the court  that he is neither the agent of the insurance company nor he has issued any cover note.  The insurance company did  not appear before the consumer court nor submitted any reply inspite of notice issued by the court.  Now I need to file rejoinder. 

Kindly advice may I also mention in the rejoinder to go for  the agent handwriting test and get forensic report so that it can be proved that the cover note handwriting is of the agent besides submitting other documents like insurance cover note, correspondence with the insuranc company.  Please adivce URGENTLY.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 August 2012

The book containing cover notes is issued to one agent and record is to be maintained. The computerized system in any of the offices of the insurance company can find out the cover note number previous and after the fake cover note pointed out by you was issued by which agent. You may apply your resources. CRM section, Sales or Operations staff of the company can access the data too. The agent code and name is printed on the policy issued by the company. May be the agency is in the name of some other individual e.g. family member, and this person was doing business.

For obvious reasons insurance company has not appeared.

IRDA is the regulator for life and non life insurance companies and heavy penalties are imposed. How can a cover note and cover note book lie in the hands of an individual who is not agent of the company?

You can peruse RTI route also if the company is public sector insurance company or thru IRDA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register