Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Partha (SE)     13 April 2013

Reissue of passport after accused in 498a


Regarding the case history:

My Wife had filed 498A against me in 2011. I got Anticipatory Bail from Hon'ble High Court a month later. In the Order Sheeet the following was stated : "We have perused the materials produced before us in the case diary and we are of the considered view that this a fit case for admitting the petitioner with an order under section 438 of IPC)" . No Passport / Visa restriction was put in the condition part of the Bail.

Against my petition 482, Hon'ble High Court had given an order which states "Till the disposal of the revision petition, interim order already in favour of the petitioner shall continue"

Regarding My passport issue:

My passport is due to expire. While filling up the application for the reissuance, I found a mandatory section

"Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant / summon pending before a court of India" Yes / NO.

What should I select and what is expected to be produced (Will the order sheet copies will work ? as I see no objection on Passport / Visa there in the order sheet )






 4 Replies

Gopal Arora (Engineer)     14 April 2013

Hi Partha

State the facts. Get the permission from the court to renew passport and permission to go abroad.


Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     15 April 2013


get a NOC from concerned court.


Partha (SE)     16 April 2013


I went to my Lower Court Lawyer. but he is saying that no such permission / NOC is ever given. i know that he might not be guiding me correct. A little bit more explanation on this legal  process for getting the permission would be a  real help.

arunkumark (law study)     19 April 2013

hi ,

you approach the concerned court and get the permission for passport renewal.The court will definatly give you the permission for that.The passport isuing authority will ask you to submitt an affidavit in their format and they will issue the passport which is valid for 12 months only.while travelling abroad again you have take permission from the same court giving them all the details about ur travel and no days etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query