LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh (student)     14 August 2014

Reinstatement of ph.d. registration

Sub: - Request for reinstatement of Ph.D. registration and admission to higher semester

To Respected Sir/madam,

1.      I am a full time Ph.D. candidate of NIT Raipur state the following for your kind information and favorable action please.

2.      I went on 15 days sanctioned leave on compassionate ground for my father’s treatment at AIMS, Kochi from 25.03.14 to 09.04.14 who is suffering from cancer. He was hospitalized and had undergone major operations.

3.      Due to my father’s critical condition and prolonged treatment, I was unable to rejoin my institute after leave. Being the only child of my father I could not leave him in that serious condition. I remained with my father till his condition improved as advised by doctor.

4.      I informed the whole situation to my supervisor telephonically from the hospital and apprised him about my inability to rejoin institute in time.

5.      I rejoined my institute on 07.07.14 and submitted leave application for my absence period from 10.04.14 to 06.07.14 (87 days) with all necessary documents. I also applied for my admission to Ph.D. higher semester (VI) with progress report and paid admission fees in time. Last date for admission was on 11.07.14. Afterwards I was informed that my leave was not granted on the ground that I have not intimated them. My admission was also denied.

6.      I submitted a second application on 22.07.14 to reconsider my leave as well as admission to semester VI, but in vain.

7.      On 28.07.14 I was informed by the department that my registration for Ph.D. study has been prematurely cancelled. My two and half years laborious research work have been spoiled. This is not the out of place to mention that even in this absence period one of my papers is published in International Journal as mentioned in my progress report.

8.      On 01/08/2014 my name has been withdrawn from attendance register. I have not received yet any formal notice regarding the cancellation of my registration (may be send through registered post).

9.      Therefore, I request you Sir, to guide me to save my future.

Thanking you Sir,

Yours faithfully

123                       

Learning

3 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     14 August 2014

Hi,

You have a right to appeal against the premature cancellation order. I think the only mistake you have done not submitting a written leave application before leaving the head quarters. Since it was urgent this can be condoned. You are entitled to leave and you should be given an opportunity to explain your absence and the order is against the principles of natural justice and liable to be set aside. Please check the by laws and terms and conditions of your phd course and there will be a clause to obtain relief. 

Good Luck

Yours 

R.S.K..Singh

saurabh (student)     14 August 2014

Respected Singh Sir,

Thanks for your immediate response. Sir, while leaving headquarters, I have given them written application for leave, clearly stating the reason, for a period of fifteen days. I was not sure how much days it would take for treatment, that's why I have stated fifteen days in my prior written application. But it took longer than that. So, I telephoned my supervisor about the sitution from the hospital and my inability to join the institution in time. Sir, they are expelling me on the ground that I have intimated them telephonically not by email, whereas the ordinance doesn't specify any preferred mode of intimation.

Thanking You,

Rangee (Lawyer)     14 August 2014

Since you have submitted a letter seeking leave followed by telephonic intimation it is enough and good  mode of intimation. Without serving a show cause notice specifying the rules and provisions of bylaws and terms of phd agreements termination is illegal and liable to be quashed by High Court by writ of Mandamus. Please consult  lawyer and take legal measure you will be reinstated. Also Appeal to VC or Chancellor in this case. 

R.S.K.Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register