LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh babu (personal)     20 April 2010

reinstatement after court acquital

I had been acquited by high court on 18th nov 2009 and submitted a copy of the judgment on 7th dec 2009 to my dept.I had submitted about 5 reminders but till date i have not received any communication from the dept.There was no dept enquiry pending and no dept action was instituted when i was in service.Can the dept institute dept proceedings now after 10years and can any learned advocate tell me of any decisions regarding the reinstatement.


 3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     20 April 2010

After 10 years the department cannot take any action against you unless any offence done by you has been recently brought to the notice of the department.


If you have the proof of the reminders submitted to the department in respect of the high court order, then you may approach the high court and pray contempt action against the department officials.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     21 August 2010

What was the charge ? whether departmental or private complaint? without these details you cannot expect solution.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2011

If you are acquitted on technical grounds (not on merits) the department can intiate disciplinary proceedings even now and delay of 10 years get answered as the court order has come now.  It is not clear what were the charges adn what was the reason for acuittal.  With half facts you are bound to get hanlf advise and harm yourself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query