Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore Malhotra (Govt Job)     20 December 2013

Regularisation charges

Sir,

I had purchased a residential plot five years back. At that time the land was in rural area. Due to financial constraints I could not build anything. But now, due to extension of municipal limit, my plot become under urban area. Punjab has recently levid some tax on plots. When I went for payment of that tax...I was informed that first regularise your plot by paying Rs.25000/- otherwise I will not be able to build anything on that plot. Thereafter only I will be able to pay property tax. Please advise..upto which extent this is true....whether I have to pay this huge amount ?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2013

The state govt has issued a notification to this effect.

The land, plot, buildings in illegal colonies that are within the limits of MC shall be regularized by MC and the land plot, buildings in illegal colonies that is not in the limits of MC shall be regularized by respective development authority e.g; GMADA,GLADA,JDA etc

This policy has exempted colonies etc which were created before 1995.

To avail exemption the current owner may produce record/proof or FNF agreement, registry showing purchase of property before year 1995. If the plot, land, building is within some society and if society was created before 1995 then relief is possible.

You may produce the evidence and seek relief.

The notification and detailed policy is available on the websites of local bodies, MC, development authority e.g; GMADA, GLADA, JDA etc and the ATP,MTP, Town Planners of MC are well aware of it.

A copy is attached. The Dept. of Local Bodies is mother of all depts.. and the guidelines of this policy is applicable to all bodies.

Still the erstwhile PUDA and its babies now GMADA, GLADA, JDA etc are demanding higher charges compared to MC which can be termed a violation.

You shall note that the copy of the policy is marked to all MC’s, development authority e.g; GMADA, GLADA, JDA etc

The rates are reasonable, and you can calculate yourself. The calculator is also available at websites of MC, development authority e.g; GMADA, GLADA, JDA etc......................

If the clerical staff is not convinced meet ATP, MTP in person.

The registration authority is also aware of it.

Attached File : 516736172 policy.pdf downloaded: 79 times

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     21 December 2013

Here you need to pay the regularization charges, as claimed by the municipal authority. Once your plot is regularized, there is every possibility to grant construction permission, by the authority, in case you go for construction. The procedure is also adopts in Andhra Pradesh also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register