I want to know if one has purchased a property in 1979 but has not got it registered. Can he get the property register now and what is the right procedure.
kindly advise.

It's all dependents upon the State Government Stamps and Revenue Department Rules. There is an option to register the property as per 1979 rate but, you should have proper support documents like atleast a Sale Agreement on a Stamp Paper of 1979 or prior to 1979. Transfer of Funds and Possession of the Property. You can approach the respective Registrar Office and know the right documents as required n submit the same.

Retired employee.

Getting a fresh sale deed as on date, mentioning of an oral agreement etc., of the past may solve the issue, but you have to pay the stamp fee as per existing market rate.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x