Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASOKAN (ENGINEER)     24 August 2011

Registration of uds for flat

DEAR SIR/MADAM
I  HAD APLLIED LOAN  FOR PURCHASING OF NEWLY BUILT / FIRST SALE FLAT  IN CHENNAI .MY BUILDER IS TELLING THAT HE WILL REGISTER ONLY UDS-UNDIVIVIDED SHARE OF LAND  INSTEAD OF BOTH FLAT & UDS. IS IT CORRECT? .IS THERE ANY SUPREME COURT DIRECTION? FOR REGISTRATION OF ONLY UDS? PLS REPLY.   I HAPPENED TO KNOW THERE IS SOME JUDGEMENT RELATED TO THIS .PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THE LAW/DOCUMENTS.

Learning

1 Replies

Elamaran Perumal (Law Officer)     24 August 2011

Dear Friend , This is your own collegue P.Elamaran,

Friend, It has been a continuous practice in Tamil Nadu and other south Indian states that only the UDS Portion is registered. Even almost all lending institution normally accept this kind of legal arrangement. I think this practice is not only followed in T.N but also in the rest of the country.

All builders across India do this to evade stamp duty, it is accepted even by all PSU Banks in India. What is paramount importance is getting a Certificate of Handing Over of Possession issued by the builder concerned. If you get it, then it will be a conclusive proof for utilisation of loan amount. And, you can submit the same to the dealing Section in the Company.

With warm regards.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register