IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.PRANOYSHUBHRA (Advocate)     08 March 2009

Registration of Power of Attorney by Landowner to a Developer



Any Lawyer from Hyderabad can please clarify about a power being registered in Andhra will it attract stamp duty,  if landowner is giving power to the Promoter to develop his land and sell Developer's allocation out of it without the signature of the landowner in the Sale Deed of the intended purchaser of the flat out of Dveloper's Allocation.


 5 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     08 March 2009


The Developer has to take Development Agreement  and  General Power of Attorney  to Develop &  to sell  his share of  the developed Property .

The Document will be in the nature of  Agreement  for Development and GPA in rspect of the Developers Sahre/ allocation .

In Your message Agreement/Document  particulars are not in detail .

The Stamp Duty  has to be paid on the Development  Agreement  and General Power of Attorny  .

The Development Agrement also contains the GPA in repsect of the Developers Share /Allocation  , if it is the GPA is not there , the owner has to join in the sale Deed along with the Developer

For Registration Office Assitance and Stamp Duty particulars pleae visit https://igrs.ap.gov.in

Y V Vishweshar Rao -Advocate Warangal- AP


S.PRANOYSHUBHRA (Advocate)     08 March 2009

Thanks Mr.Rao can you help me and let me know what will be the stamp duty if I get the GPA registered in AP.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     10 March 2009

 Stamp Duty - 1% of the Land & Buildign Value is the Stamp duty for GPA  and it is  to be Registered where the proeprty is situated i.e;-  At  Hyderabd Local Sub Registrar's Office

S.PRANOYSHUBHRA (Advocate)     10 March 2009

Thanks again Mr Rao the property is in Kolkata and the landowner stays in Kolkata but I want the power to be registered their as the stamp duty in less as compared to Kolkata, please help


Mr. Rao suggested abslutely right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query