Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaidy   14 April 2016

Registration of marriage happened in 1975

Dear Members,

For legal reason we need a marriage certificate of my mother and father. They got married in 1975 but do not have any marriage certificate nor any registration took place. we also lost their wedding invitation.

Both have their passport which states their each other name in the column of name of spouse.

Also have other id such as ration card, aadhar id and voter card.

Can we obtain a certificate now that they are married?

Learning

4 Replies

KS Johal   14 April 2016

Perfectly valid question asked by Captain.

vaidy   14 April 2016

I am processing adult dependent visa for my mother to UK. Part of proof, UK high commission as for this certificate. 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 April 2016

The Hindu marriage can be registered anytime under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 even though it got solemnized 40 years back, check with the local Registrar of Hindu Marriages for the registration process.

The proof of marriage in the form of wedding photographs will be sufficient along with 1 or 2 witnesses as the requirement is in the particular district and the official documents you got of these two persons.

Yes you are absolutely right the requirement of marriage certificate is being asked by immigration department of almost all foreign countries including UK, USA, and Canada etc. for permanent residency of couple and I have seen many such cases.

(Guest)
Yea you can get marriage certificate..m not asking you why you need it..its your will you want. Or not....its not necessary in hindu law to register your marriage..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register