LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravindra singh tomar (assistant commandant)     08 June 2013

Registration of marriage

i ravindra singh tomar got married to the same religion (hindu)girl. both of us beleive in JESUS christ and had a christian tradition marriage in 2011.a certificate is also given by pastor who conducted our marriage.this certificate is registered  with the govt of india at ELURA, ANDRA PRADESH under society act XXI of 1860 wide registration no .9 of 1935-36 dated 9 dec 1935 and registered with  the govt of  JAMMU AND KASHMIR under society act VI of 1998 wide registration no.265-S of 1975 Dated 24 feb 1975.this marriage crtificate is issused by THE INDIAN PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF GOD.                                                                                                         NOW   I WANT TO REGISTER MY MARRIAGE PLEASE ADVICE  ME HOW THIS MARRIAGE REGISTER AND GIVE THE PROCEDURE. 

Learning

4 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     08 June 2013

Take out a "precribed form" from the Registrar of marriage. Fill in the particulars. File and affidavit to that effect along with the certificate given by the church. The marriage would be registered in accordance with law.

ravindra singh tomar (assistant commandant)     09 June 2013

sir thank you for your kind reply .

there is one more question i would like to ask you we do not have certificate of our conversion to christianity. in this case under which act should we register our marriage hindu marriage act or special marriage act???                                                                                                                                                                                     PASTOR told us that the marriage certificate issused by CHURCH itself is enough and is registered.sir if we go with what he says and do  not register our marriage in court,but depend and produce only this church issued certificate ......would this marriage be valid  ???

Hemang (Advocate)     09 June 2013

Get it registered under Special Marriage Act, 1954. The marriage can be solaminized in any form as contemplated under Section 12 (2) of the Act. There is no prescribed "Vidhi" for that. So, do not be bothered about whether you have followed Hindu Vidhi, or not converted as Christian. It hardly matters. You may go through the Special Marriage Act that is attached with this reply. The whole procedure in relation to lodgment of notice, objections and the registration is prescribed. You can also find form to be presented. However, you may obtain one from any bond writter in the court, or from the Marriage Registrar. (Somehow, the copy could not be attached with this reply. Please try to find it out from the share file of this website after three days)

ravindra singh tomar (assistant commandant)     10 June 2013

thank you so much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register