LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakeshh Gawale   20 December 2023

Registration of lis pendence process

How can I get Lis Pendence recorded on the 7/12 extract in Maharashtra? I have a civil suit pending on my land property in Nagpur, Maharashtra. I Talathi/Patwari states that recording Lis Pendence on 7/12 has been stoppe, but I am not sure if that's true. Request guidance from the respected experts on this platform.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 December 2023

I cannot say as it is the jurisdiction of the Tahsildar concerned.  Consult in the district revenue office.

Sanskriti Tiwari   20 December 2023

The Maharashtra Land Revenue Code, 1966, empowers revenue officers to make entries like Lis Pendens on land records. Recording Lis Pendens (notice of a pending lawsuit affecting real estate) on the 7/12 extract is crucial to inform potential buyers about the ongoing legal proceedings concerning the property. The process typically involves filing an application with the concerned revenue officer along with relevant details of the pending suit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2023

You may submit an application to the concerned Terhsildar with the documentary evidences of the pending civiul case and request to record 'lis pendence' against the revenue records of the property held by them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register