LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Kotian (Advocate)     22 February 2012

Registration of a travel company



A friend of mine has just started a travel company. when he informed me i asked him to register the same. His contention is that since he operates the same from his residence he doesnt need to get the same registered, as also his income is very low since the company is new.


Pls guide me does he needs to get the same registered and let me know what are the documents to be registered


Nitin P Kotian


 2 Replies

Raja (XYZ)     22 February 2012

The smallest option is Proprietorship concern. or you can run on your own name also. For both of this you need to have a trade license initially from the local corporation or municipality or panchayet. Then open a current account in the name of your company/individual.

and so on you grow your liability increases

1 Like

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator Mediation Counsel)     23 February 2012

Rightly advised by Advocate Raja, follow what he says. Only one problem may arise that your house may fall in the category of commercial and there may be impact on the Tax structure. Some residential areas are also not allowed for commercial business.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query