Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeevan (Engineer)     02 February 2012

Registration in guntas vs site(sq.ft wise)

Dear All, 

Good Evening, 

I have a query, I am planning to buy a site in bangalore which is now comes under BBMP (Corporation ) limit, and the seller has a land in guntas, that is 1 gunta... (1089 sq ft), now i am planning to buy this, but i am confused that whether to register it in guntas to my name or register as square ft wise( site wise).... and also i would like to mention that i am also in favor of registration in guntas, because, the RTC will be changed to my name, and i assume there is no problem in future. but  against factors i am not clear , since the land now comes under BBMP limit, will i not have any problem in future like khata transfer, property tax, etc...and it is an agricultural land without DC converted.... please suggest me which is the best option out of these two...

Awaiting your Response

Thanks in Advance

Jeevan

Learning

2 Replies

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     08 February 2012

Mention both,gunthas & sq.feet.

jeevan (Engineer)     08 February 2012

if the registration is in guntas then, one can mention survey no, and get it registered in guntas, 

but if the registration is site wise, it will not be possible to mention the survey no, in the sale deed if the land is not converted to residential purpose., hence it will be mentioned as property no (this is the survey no. ) and registration is done. my query is whether this is ok to get it legalised, in case if BBMp asks to pay betterment changes..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register