FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harry   08 December 2016

Registration fee of relinquishment deed


    My mother died intestate , now my father and brother ( i dont have sister) want to transfer their share in my name , my questio is A- what is the relinquishment deed fee in sub-registrar court?

B - the said property is in irregualr colony i.e, Khirki extension New delhi - in this case would any %age of fee would be applicable??





 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 December 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.


Submit death certificate,legal heir certificate to th authority under whose jurisdiction property falls to record inheritance in mutation records.

Any legal heir can relinquish/gift/sell/release in favor of other(s).

Check with authority/SRO.

Local counsels can help you.





Alok Motan (Advocate)     09 December 2016

Brother registration fee of a document is only 1100/- which has to b deposited by way of bank DD...in delhi cases R.deed can b registered by depositing 1100/- as DD... Pls check with SDM OFFICE MEHRAULI, DELHI.. OR VISIT DELHI GOVERNMENT WEBSITE..U WILL GET THE ANSWER AS DETAILS R AVAILABLE ON SAID WEBSITE..

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 December 2016

Get death certificate and Legal Heir certificate. Produce them before  competent  authority under whom theproperty falls  to record inheritance for mutation purposes.  Any other claimant  are there obtain  relinqueshment deed/, release deed/, gift deed/,sale deed.Check with SRO.

etc.The  property  will be yours. If you appreciate  this  answer please give me all  my profile likes

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 December 2016

Mr. Alok Mohan has provided you the fee details also.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query