Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian Art (Others)     13 November 2009

Registration and Stamp Duty Calculation

Dear Forum Members,

I have booked a flat in Dombivali area. As Registration and Stamp is due in next few weeks as per builder information, I have few queries and i would request experts to give their opinion on it.

1. Amendment and certain changes are due in Maharashtra State Ownership of Flat Act (MOFA), Should i wait for the amendment?
  2. Is there any possibility in Registration and Stamp Duty Rise?
  3. Should i register my flat now or i can wait till Feb-March 2010?
  4. If there are substantial changes in MOFA, where there will be any effect on my agreement if i'll register now (before amendment)?
  5. Can i register my flat again after amendments? If yes what will the charges for that. 

I'll wait for your valuable opinion and feedback.

Thanks.

Ashish 

Learning

2 Replies

Vineet (Director)     16 November 2009

Amendments in MOFA will not effect stamp duty charges.

Normally ready reckoner rates for valuation of properties in Mumbai are revised and effected from January. So the expenses on account of stamp duty may increase after January if the agreement price is less then the ready reckoner value.

Further, from Income Tax purposes also, if the purchase/ agreement price is less than the registrar valuation, the difference amount shall be treated as deemed gift in your hand and included in your taxable income.

So, it is suggested to register the property at the earliest, provided you have some other issues.

Jignesh (Deputy Manager)     07 April 2010

Dear Sir,

I have bought the Property in Borivali(W),Mumbai.The building is 37 years old..

The CTS no is 102,102/1 to 102/5 & 717/1 to 717/5.Village Kanheri,Taluka Borivali situated at jamligali,S.V.Road,Borivali (W).

The Carpet area of the Flat is 505 Sq ft (606 sq ft Built up)

The Agreement Value is Rs 25,00,000

Can you please help me out with the amount of stamp duty i have to pay ?

What is the Valuation of the Property as per the Stamp duty Act?

Aslo let me know the registration charges i have to pay ?

Kindly Advice.

You can also contact me at +91-9833677493.

Thanks

Regards

Jignesh kenia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register