LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naresh A Mr. (Others)     10 April 2014

Regd eb name transfer of a new apartment

Hi experts, My brother recently bought a flat in an apartment and the flat has been handed over to him by the builder along with a no dues certificate.

But the builder has not completed the EB  (Electricity board) name transfer of the flat in my brother's name.

When we asked him to do this immediately, he said he can complete the EB name transfer to my brothers name only after the Property tax assessment of the flat is done and that will take quite some time as all the other owners have to cooperate and give the cheques for the property tax.

But as far as I know the property tax assessment is not required for the EB name transfer to happen. It can be done using the copy of the registered sale deed of the flat that we have already handed over to the builder? Please let me know if I am correct?

Another thing is that the builder has already completed the EB name transfer for 3-4 other owners in the apartment. When we asked him how it could be done for these people alone before the property tax assessment, he said these people bought their flats even before the EB connections were obtained. So they produced their sale deed copies at the time the builder got the EB connections for the plot so those people got the EB name transfer done at the same time. But for other flats the EB connection was got in the name of the land owner. SO the EB transfer for that to my brothers name can happen only after the property tax assessments are over.

So I dont understand why the builder is trying to delay the EB name transfer even though he has handed over the flat to my brother. Can he do any mischief of any sort by delaying the EB name transfer? Please let me know.

Also please let me know if we can ourselves get the EB name transfer for the new flat done; and if so, what is the procedure to get the same done from our end!?

Thanks!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register