LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Imtiyaz Raja   03 February 2020

Regarding to dawry prohibition

If the wife complains(FIR) at the mahila police station under section 498a that my husband took Rs 10000 in the presence of one person and took Rs 17000 to fetch a de freeze, would it be called dowry given by this wife? And can the husband complain about his wife's dowry?


 2 Replies

Joy Bose   03 February 2020

1. The first thing you need to do is to file for an anticipatory bail under section 438 of the CrPC.
2. Approach the high court under section 482 of the CrPC to to quash the FIR. Only go if you enough proof and evidence.
3. File an FIR against your wife for false 498A complaint.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     05 February 2020

The amount taken by husband to buy de-freeze do not fall under dowry harashment for lodging complaint or FIR u/s 498A IPC. Some other facts are there if FIR has been registered.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query