Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed   14 June 2016

Regarding special marriage act 1954

Hi,

I being a Muslim girl and My husband being a Muslim got married as per a shariath muslim law(Muslim personal law) 4 years back  in my native Tamilnadu and same is registered under the Tamilnadu registration act 2009. Now i want to register the said our marriage under the "Special Marriage Act 1954". I have few doubts to be clarified.My doubts are as follows

1) Can the musilm married couple register their marriage under Special Marriage act 1954?

2) After registration under this special marriage act 1954, can the Muslim personal law (Shariath law) prevail over the Indian penal code provisions regarding second marriage?

3)After registration under this special marriage act 1954,Can a muslim husband perform a second marriage by applying muslim personal law?

4)What are all the procedures and documents required to register the marriage which was already registered under the shariath law and Tamilnadu registration of marriage act 2009?

5) Currenly we are living in bangalore and can we register our marriage under this 1954 act in bangalore city itself?

Kindly clarify my doubts with relevant court rulings

Thanks in advance

Learning

1 Replies

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     14 June 2016

Marriage done once, register once, not twice.  By the way why do you want to re-register your marriage which is illegal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register