LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunny (nil)     06 June 2020

Regarding short term deputation

I am working as a computer teacher in government school. My posting is in "B" category with 5000 grade pay. Whenever districts administration asks Districts Education Officer to provide data entry operator for data entry work , computer teachers are deputed for these short term duties. Even data entry is not part of my job duties in school. In education system clerks are given duties related to data management and computer typing test is must for appointment of clerk and have same grade pay as a data entry operator. Data entry operator/clerks/clerk-cum-data entry operator have similar duties and same grade pay of 3200. Clerks are in abundance in my department. 
Now this time computer teachers are again deputed for data entry work in another department. A representation was given to District Education Officer and Deputy commissioner. Deputy Commissioner clarified that they have asked Districts Education Officer to provide data entry operators and not teachers. He marked demand chart to District education officer to resolve matter after checking facts. But district education officer again deputed a dozen of teachers for same duty. 
Please advise how this situation can be handled in legal way if any. 


 6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 June 2020

Every servicew rules entail that the Government servants need to perform any (lawful) duty as assigned . There is no scope for deputation allowance as the assignment is for short term. Of course, you can claim TA and DA in accordance. 

sunny (nil)     06 June 2020

Anything can be done against partiality?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 June 2020

You may ask a friend or relative from different stations to file RTI Application seeking the information as follows.   Please search in the website of DEO for format and mode of payment of RTI fees of Rs.10/-

The subject of information sought:  Deputing computer teachers for the job of data entry in other departments.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the laid down norms/orders/circulars/notifications/directions that empower DEO to depute computer teachers as data entry operators to other departments.

2. Please provide instructions either for or against such deputation of Computer teachers from Commissioner.

3.If the deputation is beyond powers of DEO as to whether it was reported to Commissioner and whether DEO action in deputing was ratified.

4. Please provide the following information in a table form for 2019-2020

a)Name of computer teacher/Place ..b.Date of working as Data entry operator....c.Dept., at which worked.d..No. of data entry operators available...e Arrangements done for working as faculty in absence of teachers.


1 Like

sunny (nil)     07 June 2020

One such RTI was sent few weeks before. Now DEO office is using word "data management " instead of "data entry" to endorse such duties. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 June 2020

You are a teacher and when a suggestion was given, check as to whether you have asked for information as suggested in the reply. Post that information provided by DEO for further guidance.  When DEO has provided that circular/order, there is nothing you can do, as DEO was acting as per such norms/orders laid down by his department.   Make an approach to your association as your association is most powerful in the country.

sunny (nil)     07 June 2020

I am going to send RTI to DEO as per your guidance in few days. Will post back the results. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register