LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sam (self)     17 April 2010

regarding sale agreement

Recently I signed a non registered sale agreement of property  accepting 37 lakhs  as advance amount in a 50.rs stamp paper.     But the real estate price boomed and now i don't  want the sale agreement to get executed and i was willing to return back the advance amount.But the buyer is not willing to accept that and he is going to file a suite against me to get the agreement executed. kindly give me advice on this matter.

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     18 April 2010

Non registered agreement is not enforciable. So, not to worry. You may return back the amount recieved to the buyer.

1 Like

sam (self)     18 April 2010

THANKS

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     18 April 2010

Agreement of sale need not be registered.

Unregistered sale agreement is valid and enforceable. Courts have said even oral agreement to sale is valid.

Talk to buyer and negotiate. Escalation of price cannot be a reason for refusal to perform contract.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     18 April 2010

I will go with Mr. Ramesh.

There is big difference between agreement to sale and sale. Agreement to sale need not be registered but a sale deed must be registered. So This agreement is valid. How ever you may avoid this agreement on the ground of force majuere.

AMARJEET (DEPUTY MANAGER)     27 April 2010

DEAR ANSARI/ THE AGREEMENT TO SALE FOLLOWED BY POSSESSION THEN IS IT MANDATORY TO BE REGISTERED ? IF REQUIRED THEN IN THAT CASE WHERE AN UNREGISTRED A GREEMENT STANDS ? COULD U PLS ENLIGHTEN ME AS THERE IS CONFUION PREVAILING OVER THE  SAME ABOUT THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THE UNREGISTRED AGREEMENT.

AMARJEET (DEPUTY MANAGER)     27 April 2010

SORRY ITS "DEAR ANSARI JEE" NOT ANSARI TYPING MISTAKE KINDLY IGNORE MR.ANSARI JEE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register