IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

house wife... (na)     27 December 2014

Regarding rti information

recently i filed rti in food and supply department about our ration card detail.as i need it as address proof (i filed dv case in court against my husband) after my mrg i lived at that house and have mine, my husbands and my mother in laws name and photo on ration card.

but the information i got was wrong that ration card which i got as rti   is on the name of one of my husbands uncle and his family.photograph is also his uncle's..but his uncle is not living with us he live in other village.

what is matter? and plz any one suggest how can i proof that my husband is living on that address.????

i only have internet downloaded information of my .my husbands and my mother in laws electoral card information can i use it in court..

and also the information i got is wrongis it a case of 420


 6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 December 2014

File an apeal for the RTI application, mention wrong information.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 December 2014

You can file another RTI Application seeking entire records available including certified copies from the authority that has issued ration card.

Voter card is authentic proof of residence and identity and that is itself a proof for your living.  Just recollect whether you have joint accounts, purchases of any electrical appliances with guarantee stating your address or some other proof.  (Infact, Voter card itself is a bonafide proof)

IF you wanted to prolong the issue, if you are aware of the supposed uncle's permanent residence and location particulars, just search in website and if he is having a ration card and voter card there, it amounts to misleading authorities through incorrect and false information of residence stated in Ration card available with you.

house wife... (na)     28 December 2014

sir i know that uncle's address and also know his and hís family vote details internet downloaded copies...can i use it in court as they have address of village on der voter card and ration card have our address..i m shocked then where is our ration card.?   i does not have my voter card as it is with my husband he is not giving it to me...but i have internet downloaded list of voter detail that have my votercard number. can i use it in court...?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 December 2014

What is your priority ?

Why do you bother about their ration card and unnecessarily invite additional problems ?

When you have a valid voter card which is accepted bonafide proof , then focus on your issue for the present, and your advocate will certainly guide you properly.

Do not confuse yourself with unnecessary and unwanted doubts when your voter card is more than sufficient legally.

There are crores of citizens without a ration card even to day, and no court can disregard their lawful claims because they do not have ration card.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 December 2014

Ration card is  no more a proof of residence.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2014

You have been properly addressed and advised by Mr.Prasad, hope you are convinced?, for further issues your lawyer is the best judge as per the prevailing situations at your end.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query