regarding property papers


Dear Sir,

Myself  Vivek from Varanasi.I want to know what is the procedure to get  legal property papers. Actually this property is in varanasi. The owner was my grandmother after her death there was a family sattlement between my father and his elder brother in 1996. He did not provide any paper to my father related to my partition in that property(Only Xerox copy is available).Even though we are living in that property and we are paying  house tax etc in VDA(Varanasi Development Authority) of my partition.But I want some legal documents so that we have a valid proof about my property aquisition.

I want to apply some home loan on the basis of that property also so this legal documents and papers are mandatory.

Another thing I want to know that ,does Yellow card is enough which is provided by VDA as propert y aquisition proof?

Please  provide me your valuable suggession so that I can get my property proofs...


Waiting for response....





My grandfather who is GOAN had purchased a land about 400 sq yards in narayanguda, hyderabad (opp melkoti park) in 1890 from the nizams and build a house on the land. He had a son and daughter. His daughter was married off and is no more now (died) and she has 1 daughter. The son (my father) after my grandfather's death continued staying in the same house. He married and had 1 son & 3 daughters (all got married off). My father died in 1974. The son (my brother) got married and has a 1 girl & 1 boy (now he is dead). Now the old house had collapsed due to natural calamities and no body is staying there.


In all this time frame we did not had the thought of getting land documents (lost documents) or register them on anybody's name when the opportunity came. Our property is listed in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation on our grandfather's name and we are paying the property tax till dated. We have the copies in our hand. Recently the Mandal Revenue Office officials had put up a board stating that it is a OPEN LAND and the same belongs to the Government. And they have suggested us to come and meet them if we had the valid land documents (registered documents)


I would like to know in the absence of the legal documents and the purchase deed of my grandfather what position we hold at the current situation.


and also would like to know that my aunty's daughter has filed a case say that she is also a share holder of the said property.


Kindly advise and suggest.




Mr. Jaya Prasad

You can file a suit for declaration and perpetual injunction based on possession relying on the tax receipts and any other document in your hand. You may consult in person for further clarification on this issue with whatever material papers you have in your hand.


Mr. jaya prasaad if you have any  query related to your personal then post as seperate thread in this forum. please do not post you problem in my thread as a reply... this is illegal.



Dear Vivek,


Sorry for the inconvenience my mail caused to you.It was by mistake I pasted in ur reply. I am a new entrant in this forum




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x