Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohanrajdeep   27 December 2014

Regarding property matter

Hello,

My sister was murdered by her husband. He is in jail now for life imprisonment. The house which belonged to him is with me, i have keys now and it is almost 2.5 years where i have just gone twice to pay maintenance. My sisters only daughter is with us and we have her guardianship.

The house didnt have my sisters name. It was only on his name. There is a chance he comes out on parole in 1-2 years and start harrasing us for the same. 

I dont intend to keep the house but also want to find out a way where i can protect it for her. What is the best option i have in this circumstance? whereby no one can just come and take over the house and it is protected.

She was murdered in the same flat and it is very difficult to go inside it also as it reminds me of incident. 

Please advise do i go to court and get it court received? how expensive it can be, the property value must be 70-80 lakhs or is there a more simpler thing to do...Can this house be sold? Please advise

regards

Rohan

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 December 2014

Dear, Was that house self acquired by him.... ? Or ancestral property of his father ? Kapil Chandna Adv ... 9899011450

rohanrajdeep   27 December 2014

This was aquired by himself.  My sister had no share. 

My father is appointed guardian and in the judgement a small line is written that father is appointed guardian of child and its properties..

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 December 2014

Dear, Whole property will go his daughter .i.e. Ur niece .... But yes until ur niece attains majority ur father will take care of it.... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

amir khan (sales executiuve)     29 December 2014

hello

i  like to know about women rights on parents agricultural property in villages of india, 

i am writing on behalf of my widow mother her father got expired ,she has 4 brother and 2 sister,  kindly tel me if she has a right on her father property as per the indian law or not,, if yes how she can claim it. 

rohanrajdeep   29 December 2014

Kapil,

But if he comes on parole? then i dont have anything to stop him from taking house

do u think court receiver is a good option

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register