LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal (gd)     28 March 2023

Regarding mutation of land

My father has purchased a land measuring 2400sqft in chhattisgarh in the year 2001 vide registered sale deed from the housing cooperative society in which Khasra no. is mentioned as 498 further we got NOC from Nazul for khasra no 498/1 but, the mutation was not done. Later we applied for the mutation in the year January 2021 and after that in July 2021 our file was lost in Tehsil office in between my neighbour filed mutation in the June 2021 and his name got mutated in khasra no 498/1 where as his registered sale deed was also is subsequent to ours that is of 2006 his lawyer submitted that from the seller he purchased he produced 5 registered sale deeds from 1989 to 1995 and a cancellation of sale deed of 2005. So, lawyers kindly enlighten me about the law and judgements regarding Mutation and transfer of property act which states that whose registered sale deed is older must be mutated. My appeal is pending before the SDO.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2023

@ Legal (gd),

Mutation of sale transaction do not affect title (ownership) of the subject property.

Did you apply for mutation ? If so, it is responsibility of concerned Tehsildar to search / create your file, which is not a legal issue.

Wait for orders in appeal.

Your lawyer is the best person to satisfy your questions.

However, neither facts nor query is clear.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2023

Since your mutation case is pending before court, you have await disposal of the case 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More