LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srilakshmi (sr.structural engineer)     02 January 2017

Regarding maintenance claim

Request for expert advise. My marriage got solomonised last Jan 2016. I have a 13 year old son. X husband had agreed to pay an amount monthly for my son expenses as child custody is given to me. I was in live in relationship N now I have a kid from relationship. After learning I gave birth to another baby my x husband is denying to give money which he was suppose to give for my son and he stay abroad. During divorce it was ordered and now he say that whatever he has to give he will give only half of the amount other half he will keep. And he say that he will tell court about all the health issue and stop the maintenance. Please advise how can I go forward. Having another kid after divorce how will it have affect on maintenance which he is suppose to give to my elder son. Kindly advise.

Learning

7 Replies

whatnot   02 January 2017

I can see that you have really engineered a 'structured' life.

Your husband has provided handsome transfer since 2010(atleast in the begining) from aborad and looks like continued to proivide subsitance even know about your extra maritial affairs.And further inspite of your own good earning.

Even now he has not denied you any part. He just wants to protect atleast half of maintainace money towards his son.

At every turn and events you have used this site and experts opinion to live a life which is comfortable to you. There is nothing wrong in that taking advantage of. But it does leave a stale state.

Anyhow, You will lose more if you pursue legal option. He may have proof for providing you last few years while you were in adultery and he is abroad (albeit few bounced cheques)

Another year, Son will be 14 years and your X husband can pursue separate legal matters.

Age is really curse on women. Body sets a expire date.

Jalaya, good to know who you are. Thanks.

And Mr, I think u are having some sort of problem and continuously following me . Good to know .

(Guest)
Originally posted by : srilakshmi

Request for expert advise. My marriage got solomonised last Jan 2016. I have a 13 year old son. X husband had agreed to pay an amount monthly for my son expenses as child custody is given to me. I was in live in relationship N now I have a kid from relationship.

No maintenance for unchaste woman as per Hindu Marriage Act of 1955.

After learning I gave birth to another baby my x husband is denying to give money which he was suppose to give for my son and he stay abroad. During divorce it was ordered and now he say that whatever he has to give he will give only half of the amount other half he will keep.
And he say that he will tell court about all the health (You delivered another child from new relationship, court wont overlook such a thing, you wont get any maintenance, divorce is confirmed by your act) issue and stop the maintenance.

Please advise how can I go forward. Having another kid after divorce how will it have affect on maintenance which he is suppose to give to my elder son (Elder son has right in property ie ancestral, not selfearned.  New kid born out of wedlock dont have any right in any property of your husband no. 1.  The new kid can claim maintenance from your paramour or keep.  The elder son can claim mainteannce from your husband no.1 till age 18). Kindly advise.

Thank u all for so called experts here . No advises are necessary on this matter anymore. Thank you all.
1 Like

Thank u all for so called experts here . No advises are necessary on this matter anymore. Thank you all.

whatnot   03 January 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register