LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanvi...... (MIS coordinator)     23 April 2010

Regarding gifts given to boy's family


My husband has been really cruel to me & my family & I hate him like anything.
Finally after trying everything to win me back through emotional ways, life threatening calls etc,he has agreed for divorce with mutual consent.
We don't want to get in any kind of legal complications & we won't be taken a penny from him as a compensation money.alimony or maintenance charges.

Kindly advice can we ask him to return the SHAGANS paid at the time of Roka & ring ceremony to all his family members in cash???

Also about all the gifts & jewellery given to his family,can we ask them to return us??


 3 Replies


no, u can't ask for that money that was spent before marriage on roka back and same applies to gifts and jewellery given on roka

u can only ask ur streedhan back from boy's family, that is the gifts that were given to u at the time of ur marriage

1 Like

AMBUJ KUMAR (PARTNER)     25 April 2010

Hi Tanvi dear,

As per the law you have only right to take back the STREEDHAN that you received at the time of marriage.

rest the suggestion will be given when i know the case personally with detailed descripttion by you.

so its better to come and discuss the matter at our office.

Neha Tiwari (student)     25 April 2010

aare yaar y  u wont take maintanance money or alimony....calculate whateva u have spent on roka n all and clame that much money as maintenance....dont let the devil go so easily.....sorry its more of a emotional reply than legal



dont worry

b happy

all will b well

but teach him n his family a gud lesson

dont b scared justice will b done to u

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register