Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous!!! (abcd)     06 November 2013

Regarding first hearing session - divorce case!

Dear Friends/Lawyers,

I had earlier posted regarding my issue in this forum and received various important tips from you all. Thanks for that. To summarise, I got married in June 2012, I work in UAE. It was a love marriage. I got her to UAE 20 days after marriage. After coming here she behaved psychotic, depressed, tortured, suicide threats, fought for everything I spoke, kept crying all the time, abused my parents/relatives directly, her parents too ill treated me, never slept in the nights, continously sent sms when I was in office saying she cut her end etc. We were together just for 30-40 days (in that period sent her to india thrice) and those days were the worst days of my life. You might ask me why this was not known during love. True. out of 5 yrs we knew, only 1st yr we were together. That time she was a very calm girl. Next 4 yrs she was in UK/Malaysia and I was in UAE.

We(me and my parents) only spent nearly 20 lacs for the wedding, I spent close to 10 lacs after wedding to set up my family in UAE. Girls dad spent jus 1.5 lacs for the entire wedding.

Now coming to the point:

I dropped her for the last time on Dec 3rd 2012. Till this second not even a single phone call from her or her parents even to fight or apologize.

After waiting for 1 year to complete, I filed for divorce last month (Sep 12) stating all the tortures she did to me in the days she was with me. The notice from court reached them on Sep 30th. Marriage was done by us in Chennai and even registered in chennai. Our lawyer s also from chennai. Whereas she is from Coimbatore. Her parents both are not working. My parents are working as well. I swear not even a single point in my notice I have lied. I only put the actual incidents she did after wedding in UAE (Muslim country) in public places, at nights etc.

They have filed a return notice which we received last week. In that full of false allegations, trying to make use of the Indian law points which favors girls. Like, we asked her to buy house, we always were money minded etc. Apart from all that, in their first notice itself, they have said since I am working in UAE every month I should pay her 75000 INR. Not even a single point they tried to defend against their daughter.

Now the first hearing session is scheduled on 11th of november (5 more days). As per their notice looks like their is another hearing session in coimbatore by month end.

Please clarify the following:

1. Why there is 2 hearing sessions? Because of this I have to pay two lawyers :( Already lost a lot of money so quickly because of one small incorrect decision I made by choosing a wrong girl. Looks like every month der will be one hearing in chennai and one in coimbatore.

Also I have given POA to my dad as he can appear for me since I have my work in UAE. I cannot travel every month spending again for the ticket. Will this be sufficient. For counseling I have enrolled for video conferencing. Will this be enough till the case ends or will I be forced to go to the court in Chennai sometime? Please clarify as I am more worried.

2. Indian law always favors only girls. So please help me to somehow reject the compensation she has claimed by putting false allegations. I have all the bills of marriage expenses, my expenses in UAE to set up house etc. Also I have all the abusive emails/sms she sent before and after wedding. With all this as proof,  is their anyway to avoid it. 75000 INR per month never a possibility. First of all it is der own calculation and I do not earn that much.

3. I thot of just repaying all their things/jewels etc to them, as I need only peace to me and my family not their money. I am even ready to repay the money they spent for this wedding which is 1.5 - 2 lacs. To me they did not even put a ring or chain even for formality. Such an arrogant family they were. They have money but they project themselves as poor. Her dad used even her savings and sent his son to USA and paying monthly insurance alone 30K INR for him. He is a retired govt prof earning 40k only in pension. They have a individual house in around 3 grounds in Coimbatore. Reason I am telling this is, they have put a point in notice saying, they do not even have any movable/immovable property and we are settled in chennai and all 3 of us are working so we need to pay them

4. another lie in the notice was, she has told that me and family mentally as well as physically abused her. But it was the reverse. Her dad only abused all of us when we said him how is daughter s behaving/not respecting elders etc. He even asked my friends if am having an affair with any girl just to divert the topic. Also she only kept hitting me abusing me in UAE when we were together.!

5. She was working n mumbai after I left her in India in Dec 3rd 2012. Now I came to know she quit her job and came to her house. I suspect this move is just to claim compensation. I am puzzled.

With this high level broader picture of  my scenario, please advice how I should proceed.

Learning

1 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     25 May 2014

1. You have posted this query before six months. I am surprised as why was it not attended by any of the experts.  I have just recently joined the panel of experts.

2. If need be apprise me about the developments.

3. If need be contact this lawyer.

Adv. Rohit Sharma.

(B.Sc. L.L.B. L.L.M.)

(M) : 0-9824047971.

E-mail : lawgate1349@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register