LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha S Gill (student)     07 November 2013

Regarding fees charged by lawyer

My father hired an advocate for cases related to property in 2010. The advocate has now been appointed as judge and has left the cases. He charged Rs.67000 as fees when he was hired. Now he told us to hire another advocate and refused to refund any amount. My father passed away last year. We feel that he is taking advantage of the fact that we are not much familiar with legal procedures and legal knowledge. What should we do now? 


 4 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     07 November 2013

Ask his Junior Advocates to do your case, if they are perfect as of you. Or else give the brief to another advocate of your choice. But it is not correct to argue with him. 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2013

Pursue and persist.

There are gentlemen that would arrange another competent lawyer or agree to refund on pro rated basis.

1 Like

Neha S Gill (student)     09 November 2013

Thanks. Sir, What is 'pro rated basis'? What should we say to convince him to refund on pro rated basis?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 November 2013

The fee was probably charged till the judgment is passed.

How much work has been done till date and at what stage now the case is etc.


The new lawyer that you will hire can also guide you.


Remain gentle, amiable, and convince.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query