Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   15 March 2016

Regarding false dowry

Respected Members,

My wife has submitted application in the court and mentioned that during our wedding in 2009 their parents spent 20,00,000/- on dowry.  

As per my knowledge taking and giving dowry is an offence. My In- Laws are govt servants. I like to know under which law this offence comes and any judgement in case if any.

Regards,

Amit

Learning

9 Replies

KS Johal   15 March 2016

You need to be clear whether they spend the money on the dowry themselves or whether you or your family had requested for it.

Amit   15 March 2016

Dear Mr. Johal,

Nothing was asked and the wedding was with no dowry, so asking of dowry is not applicable in this case.

KS Johal   15 March 2016

It is not an offence if somebody spends money and buy gifts for their daughter. Therefore it cannot be regarded as a criminal offence.

KS Johal   15 March 2016

Generally people tend to use this as an excuse for domestic violence or threatening the other party with this kind issue. They will need to prove that their daughter's in-laws or possibly the husband has asked for the dowry.

mahesh   15 March 2016

Was 2000000/- spent in cash?

mahesh   15 March 2016

mahesh   15 March 2016

Amit   15 March 2016

Mr Mahesh,

I like to clear that nothing was their, this is false alligation proposed by them.

Regards,

Amit

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 March 2016

First of all they must show solid proof for giving the money as dowry.if they had mentioned anything given as jewels then demand original bills from them.also discuss with your lawyer whether you can use tax evasion petition as a tool to extract truth from them

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register