Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roopa (none)     31 January 2010

Regarding expences

Can i file a case in consumer forum for obtaining injunction order against registration of desputed flat? If yes then what would be the amount spent for this other then lawayrs fee?




 4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     31 January 2010

You cannot take an injunction from a consumer forum you have to approach the civil court for the same.




The Consumer Act does not empower the Consumer Redressal Fora to issue either interim injunction, or "case and desist orders".

1 Like

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     31 January 2010

For injunction you will have to file suit in Civil Court.

1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     27 February 2010

as per the amendment to CP Act Sec 13 (3) (3B) empowers the forums to pass interim order during pendency of proceedings. Hence u can file IA restraining the person in registering the flat. Except court fee there is no other extra fee payable by you. If application is filed 1/- is the fee.

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     24 May 2011

Consumer forum can not pass injunction order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register