Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   26 September 2018

Regarding divorce from lok adalat

Hello Experts  ,

My  498a trial is going on. Meanwhile i came to know that she got married to  some other guy prior to my marriage with her  . Through my  lawyer we filed  420 case against her  . But later she submitted a proof of divorce from Lok adalat ( nellore district ) .  I read from blogs that divorce can be obtained only from familiy courts not from Lok adalat  . is that true ? and also in the  Divorce  certificate from lok adalat i do not see any refernce mentioning about family court .

Your quick response is very much appreciated 

Thanks 

A Victim 

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 September 2018

The fact involved in Cheating is as to whether she or her family informed of her earlier marriage to you before the marriage or not.  The happenings whether legal or not is not relevant to your present issue.  Whether she has informed about such disclosure of your knowledge on her previous marriage to Police or not.  Trust your advocate , and any further guidance  through open forum without knowing facts may strain the relations between you and your advocate.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 September 2018

Lok Adalat, if that was on fixed date in the Family Court or Competent Court that had jurisdiction to decide the divorce petition on otherwise regular hearing basis, than that order for the allowing divorce will be for all purpose valid. Check the details about the Lok Adalat from the history dates of the district court for confirmation about the validity of divorce order.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 September 2018

One can obtain the certified copy by directly seeking the same by Regd post or under RTI. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 September 2018

In a case before Family Court, it shall not be sent to Lok Adalat for a decision.

Check your statement from your lawyer or some other local prudent lawyer.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 September 2018

Yes family maters cannot be decided by lok adalat. Appoint advocate consult with him and ask to get order copy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register