Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swaminathan   02 May 2017

Regarding divorce

Hello Sir,

I got Married to An Australian citizen and the wedding happened here in India and 1.5 yrs of our marriage i moved to Australia under the Partner Visa so after i reached Australia i started facing difficulty in finding a job this made me become little disturbed and more over i was staying at my in-laws place as i dont have a job and my wife couldn't offered to live separately. they way they treated me was completely different after a month and more over my wife started to spy on me about wether i am applying for job or not. i informed her that i am finding it difficult here i will try for another month ot two if not we will go back to india where i can offere for both of us they she started to think that i have an affair in India thats y i want to go back, when i got to know about this i spoke to her and made her understand but she didnt stop as her parents also thinking like that and they planned to catch me if am doing anything so she kept cheking my laptop and emails and althose things but they couldnt find anything and this continued for almost a month and i got angry and fought with her for her behavior and told her am leaving the house no one tried to stop me or ask me what happened insted her dad pulled a knife at me and threatened me that he will kill me if i leave the house but i left and he ran me over twice with his car after i left and on the way to the nearest railway station in Sydney luckily i escaped with little scratches on my leg and after that i tried to talk to her nothing happened and after 10 days from the incident happened i cam back ti India. Its been a yr and now one of her relative called me up who is in Chennai and said that she had sent the Divorce papers from Australia and i have to sign it, i need your assistance eon this it will e a great help if you could let me know the next procedure from my end.

The wedding happened in India TN and got registered in TN.

Regards,
Swaminathan R

Learning

4 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     03 May 2017

Hello 

if you wedding happen in india than you file same cae here and send her paper and she will sign for same 

as she send you paper of divorce coz after mariage when you leave for austraila than you have marriage with her again there so she file her case there and she is also citizen and sign her paper and file case fro  your side in india if she  could not recieved any letter or come back than court will give order in your favour as exparty divorce... 

Swaminathan   03 May 2017

Thanks for the reply sir In Australia the wedding didn't happen there while applying for visa she sighed as my wife that's all other than that nothing and no registration also done there

Born Fighter (xxx)     03 May 2017

check the divorce papers first. Divorce papers have to be signed in the court, ur wife must have sent divorce petition and it could be Mutual consent divorce Its good that she has initiated divorce, Hope its not bundled with demand for hefty alimony.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     04 May 2017

Without knowing what you want no one can advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register