LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kimi   10 March 2016

Regarding divorce

I had been married 8 years back and have 2 kids from this wedlock. Daughter is of 7 years and son is of 3 years. i am a government employee and my husband is a businessman. We are living in a joint family consisting of mother-in-law, bother-in-law and sister-in-law and their two kids.  

Me and my husband dont have proper understanding between us since the very first day of our marriage.  We always fight on small small issues even in front of family and kids also.  

Last year, I met a guy in my office and we both started liking each other and our affair begins.  My husband came to know about this and he became ready to give me divorce on mutual consent basis.  on the same day he dropped me to my paternal house.

I told my father about this and he met that guy with whom i had affair and he rejected him.  Then I realise my mistakes of what i have done.  I spoke to my husband and apoligize about all i did.  He said he dont want to continue with me and he wants divorse.  

Then i went back to my in-laws house.  There my husband started tortouring me and one day he started beating me and i made complaint against him on 100 no. and call pcr.  here again those policemen did not do anything in favour of me as my husband told everything to them about my affair and all that.  On the next day my father came and take me and my son to his house.

After two three days,  my husband again started calling me and forces me to give divorce on mutual consent basis or else he will file a case of adultery against me me as he is having all the proof which will prove me adulterated.

I said I am ready for it but I want my all the jwellery and all the things back which you got in our marriage. he said OK but i will not give u the jwellery which you got from his side. 

I said i want my 50% of salary which i spent during last 8 years but he is not agree for it. 

Could you pls tell me that what alimony i will get and can i get that 50% of my salary which I spent in that house. Should i lodge complaint in women cell against him on domestic violence basis or not? Pls suggest me what i should do? i am so confused.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     10 March 2016

He can only file adultery case u\s 497 against your paramour and not on you.but he can use those proofs to file a contested divorce case on grounds of adultery. If that is proved on you then he is not entitled to give any alimony to you.so better work out a mou regarding sreedhan recovery, alimony etc etc and get mutual consent divorce from your husband.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     11 March 2016

"Could you pls tell me that what alimony i will get and can i get that 50% of my salary which I spent in that house. Should i lodge complaint in women cell against him on domestic violence basis or not? Pls suggest me what i should do? i am so confused."

You were adulterous after having two kids and were exploring an adventurous life. You admit it. Now you are thinking of filing Domestic Violence case against him and lodging a complaint in women cell.  What a joke! As pointed out above, you will get nothing in Court as he has proofs and you deserve nothing. Here is my advice: Give the kids to the father, agree to MCD, never come back to your husband's family or kids to pollute their morals, let them all think that you are dead and you think that they are dead. You go and seek adventure with your lover-boy and then move on to more of them. No more fear that someone is watching or following you. Can you imagine the fun your type of person can have? Win-Win for all. So, do not squander this golden opportunity of getting MCD. Get it as fast as possible and then run to the closest hotel with your lover-boy. Congratulations! 

SuperHero (Manager)     12 March 2016

Originally posted by : Kimi
I had been married 8 years back and have 2 kids from this wedlock. Daughter is of 7 years and son is of 3 years. i am a government employee and my husband is a businessman. We are living in a joint family consisting of mother-in-law, bother-in-law and sister-in-law and their two kids.  

Me and my husband dont have proper understanding between us since the very first day of our marriage.  We always fight on small small issues even in front of family and kids also.  

Last year, I met a guy in my office and we both started liking each other and our affair begins.  My husband came to know about this and he became ready to give me divorce on mutual consent basis.  on the same day he dropped me to my paternal house.

I told my father about this and he met that guy with whom i had affair and he rejected him.  Then I realise my mistakes of what i have done.  I spoke to my husband and apoligize about all i did.  He said he dont want to continue with me and he wants divorse.  

Then i went back to my in-laws house.  There my husband started tortouring me and one day he started beating me and i made complaint against him on 100 no. and call pcr.  here again those policemen did not do anything in favour of me as my husband told everything to them about my affair and all that.  On the next day my father came and take me and my son to his house.

After two three days,  my husband again started calling me and forces me to give divorce on mutual consent basis or else he will file a case of adultery against me me as he is having all the proof which will prove me adulterated.

I said I am ready for it but I want my all the jwellery and all the things back which you got in our marriage. he said OK but i will not give u the jwellery which you got from his side. 

I said i want my 50% of salary which i spent during last 8 years but he is not agree for it. 

Could you pls tell me that what alimony i will get and can i get that 50% of my salary which I spent in that house. Should i lodge complaint in women cell against him on domestic violence basis or not? Pls suggest me what i should do? i am so confused.

Domestic Violence and roaming around courts is not advised.

Better agree for mutual divorce, plead or request for money.

If they dont want to give. Better forget about it.

You can fight as long as you want..

But you will become cheap and tired by roaming around courts and lawyers office.

Self Respect / Character is very important in one's own life. Once you loose it. You can never gain it back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register