LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

solarsoft (Director)     15 February 2014

Regarding compromise or fight in court against false dowary

My wife left my house after 22 days of the marriage. And also took all sridhan with our gold ornamnets also. But we got a receipt of all the items signed by her and also singed by a witness also. Now they have complained in CWC. During intogestion the girl accept that the marriage has not been consumated. On her this statement can i apply for Null and Void marriage? I have some more proves in SMS where she has accepted that she has some medical problem. She did not allow me to touch her etc. Others and Adv is saying to compromise but i think it is not good. She is working for the last 10years . Please advise me as it is urgent. Thanks


 5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     15 February 2014

Dear Querist

non-consumatation of marriage only  is not a ground for null and void. you can file a divorce case against her if you finally decided to   do that. because it comes under cruelty and you have right to file the divorce case on this ground.

amicably settlement is always better, so as per my opinion if there is any chance to settle the matter amicably then first go for it otherwise you have other option too. 

aap (manager)     15 February 2014

@nadeem sir how much time will it take to quash fir based on compromise in 498a case

aap (manager)     15 February 2014

@nadeem sir how much time will it take to quash fir based on compromise in 498a case

Shivangi (Advocate)     26 February 2014

Dear Querist, 

If compromise is arrived at between the parties then quashing of FIR would not take much time. Requirement is that complainant has to file an affidavit stating that he/she has no objection if the FIR is quashed and also stating that parties have arrived at an amicable settlement. On the basis of that affidavit, the courts normally and immediately quash the FIR.

K*I*L*L*E*R (tech)     27 February 2014

Thanks shivangi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query