LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh yadav   28 July 2020

regarding claim of property.

I live in mau district of uttar pradesh in my village we have some sort of land in front of my house where we used to keep cows and tractor since 70 years but one of family is claim ing that you have to leave this land.
what should I do.


 2 Replies

sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     28 July 2020

Continuous uninterrupted peaceful possession is not enough to claim title by prescripttion. Hostile Animus is an essential ingredient. Now it  is your decision  wheather to vacate the land to the owner or not. But this other person must be the recorded owner or his successor in interest or assignee.

Kamlesh yadav   02 August 2020


Problem is that nobody owner of that land since that land come under in hindi we called that land aabadi. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query