LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhashree Singh   27 November 2021

Regarding Central Government Police Verification

I need a help about UPSC police verification does UPSC verify the name of Candidate Parents During police verification I want to know about that because I have filled her name with my Father Surname in the form Means present Surname ( The Surname after Marriage) I am in highly doubt because there is a court case is going on against my mother and the surname of my mother in which the case is going on in the court is her "previous surname" (that mother used to write before her marriage ) If After The Selection the police Verifies and find out the record in police station nearest to my locality that there is a court case against my mother the court case which had filed the surname of my mother is different (her previous Surname) Do this thing will affect my career will I get any job or service because I have mentioned that I have filled her name with my father surname

And what If the question arises that my mother's name with My Father Surname (The Surname After Her Marriage ) Which I Have filled in DAF Is Different to that of the police Verifies and find out the name of my mother with her previous Surname

Will this thing Trouble me during Verification or This thing will affect my whole career in any of the Government Job because in every Government Job police verification is must


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 November 2021

Police verification is a character certificate in which local police station verifies the status of the person whether involved in any crime mainly heinous crime and also gives report of pending, disposed off cases.

Subhashree Singh   27 November 2021

Thank you . But my question was not that my question is there is a court case is going on against my mother

and right now I have filled my mother present Surname ( my father surname) As usually

Suppose (A) is present Surname of my mother After Marriage( My Father Surname)

And (B) is previous Surname of my mother Before marriage
And my Mother name is (M) So right now I have filled my Mother name with present Surname as(MA)
And there is a case going on Against my Mother and in that case my Mother name with her previous surname as (MB) The Case is against (MB)

If there will be police verification and they verify the name of my parents and found out that there is a case against my mother As ( MB)
Then they will surely ask about What's the Matter of Surname ( MA) and ( MB) and why

Then I think it's the high chances that this thing will affect my Whole Career this thing can get me in trouble

Although Since my child hood I am using ( MA) as my mother name And it's is also mentioned in birth certificate Also and in my school Admission my mother name is Also mentioned as (MA) Every where my mother name is Mentioned As ( MA)

It's only been a few years since this court case is going on against my mother As ( MB )

Will it affect my whole carrer because of mother Surname Will I ever get into any government job or not

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2021

why you cannot come clear so as the qery is understod in one reading.

Yogeshwari Sirsikar   21 December 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that, the Poice will verify your record and not yopur mother's record so the aprehension raised by you has no basis. The government will check you antecedents and not your mother's. As long as there is no court case against you. There should not be anmy problem in your career. 

Hope it helps!


Yogeshwari Sirsikar

Kawmini Liyanage   21 December 2021


In order to answer your query, the response given for a similar question is quoted as follows;

  • "Character
  • Antecedents (C/A) verification is a must for any government job, including IAS or IPS in India.

Police carry out C/A verification starting from 

  • school records
  • Date of birth,
  • Caste (if belong to reserved category),
  • Criminal cases registered against you, if any, and if so, status of these cases,
  • General reputation,
  • Political inclination if any,…etc.

In order to avoid complications, it is always wise and better to give full, accurate and truthful information in your Application to avoid complications."

Maiden name of your mother's name. (Surname she used prior to marriage)  being misplaced with her married name is an understandable practice; hence it would not create complications. 


Kawmini Liyanage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query