Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhash Tiwari (Clerk)     18 October 2011

Regarding bank probation

Hi

I am working in Bank of india , I am also a student of MBA full time course , I got job in bank of india in April 2010,
as i am doing MBA i need a leave to atleast appear in MBA exam, i asked bank to provide me same. Bank has gave me.

After that i took 1 month leave for my marriage during my probation time period.

After that i took only leave for my MBA 2 sem exam.

I have completed my probation which is of 6 month in bank of india in Jan 2011,

As my job posting, is near about 60 km far away from my hometown. I am commuting daily to do job. due to this travelling exertion my health goes down, and doctor advice me for rest, i have produced all medical certificate to bank.

Now bank told me your probation is not completed and you have taken more leave as pemissible .. we have no way to keep you, we are planning to take action against you..

As of now from the date of joining to bank to this date my total leave is around 246 days.. and i need  1 month more leave to appear in MBA 4 (Final) Sem.. exam.

3 Month for 3 Sem Exam, 1 Month for Marriage and 3 month On Medical, 

Please advice what to do ...

Feeling very bad.. now due to health problem i cannot commute daily.

Thanks

Subhash   

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2011

Your reporting authorities has been nice to you and granted leave for study.

It is not understood how you have calculated your leave to 246 days up to probation period?

Jobs are hard to find that too with bank.

It shall be appropriate to remain with good superiors and let the probation period be extended and complete your MBA. After your MBA you can take test for PO and grow with bank. If the superiors are good one should exhibit willingness to adjust, be flexible and grow with them.

If your health does not permit you, then you may quit on your own than letting the bank proceed to terminate you.

Later you can mention in your resume that you resigned to complete the studies.

Kindly proceed as deemed fit.

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is my probation is completed in jan.. 2011 my self calculated i have completed 6 month completely with bank.  Upto my probation i have taken only 2 month leave for 1 sem exam and 1 month for marriage.

After that i have taken the remaining leave..

I know bank is good to me.. and jobs are rare as well... but now they told me your probation is not completed yet.

How do i know is my probation is complete or not ?

My manager at that time only told me your 6 month is completed with bank..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2011

Out of 6 months probation period you have availed 3 month's leave as per your post. Your superiors have accommodated you. You should have planned and avoided such a long leave.

In all probabilities it shall be difficult to confirm the service, in first six months.

Kindly check clause on probation period in your appointment letter. Is it mentioned that you shall be confirmed in writing/your probation period shall be deemed to be have been extended if your services are not confirmed in writing.

Has the bank conducted appraisal before due date of probation period is over, and if so what are the comments posted by your reporting authority? You are supposed to sign on the appraisal format and get a copy. Has the bank extended your probation period in writing? You may obtain the copy of employee rule book and standing orders.

Settle the matter with your superiors, amicably.

Kindly proceed as deemed fit.

sriram kartik (Advocate)     18 October 2011

Mr Subhas Tiwari

the bank authorities has given leave beyond to you and you are not entitle for any leave at probation period, but your officials has given leave for ur studies or for ur marriage, but deduct the leave period and calcuate the remaining 6 months

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     28 October 2011

You cannot sail on two boats at a time.

75% attendance is required to complete regular MBA classes.

Being in Bank , its a Public utility job and your work is to be done by someone in your absence.

You have yourself to decide to remain or quit. If confident to get thro PO of Bank , then quit , or you have good opportunities with Bank , try to accomodate with Bank Authorities .

Distance cannot be a reason for ill health . You can shift to that place . Also other employees must be travelling daily that far .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2017

prima-facie aking leave is no groundto extend probation.  There are other reasons as well which you are not disclosing.

80 Km is not much of a distanc eto commute daily for job.  However it is your choice if you are staying away from job.  You cannot expect bank to hae special leaverage for you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 February 2017

The employer can extend probation.

The reasons are well explained by querist in the query itself.

Such accommodating superiors and employer is hard to find.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register