LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajshekar   21 May 2022

Regarding ancestral property

Issue is:- My garndfathers father are of 3 members means 3 brothers and land got partitioned and grandfather father got his share. My grand father got his fathers share land from his father after his death, later my grandfather and his brother got partitioned in the land, and then 3,4 years back my grandfather gift register that property to my father and me Now my fathers sister filed a case on us for the share of land. and asking for the share. Can you please help me by giving any suggestion or is there any chance of losing the property.


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2022

Vague and confusing facts, please re-draft.

Rajshekar   22 May 2022

My grandfather got land from his father after his death. grandfather and his brother got partitioned, grandfather have 2 children male and female. grandfather gift registered the property to me and my father. 

Now my fathers sister is asking for the share and filed a case on us. 

Q1) as my grandfather and his brother got divided, the land on my grandfather name will become selfacquurrd property or not. If it becomes a self acquired property he can gift to anyone. 

Q2) as my grandfather got the property as through inheritance will it be still a ancestral property? 

Q3) is there any chance of losing the property? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query