LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     04 March 2024

Regarding agricultural (ancestral) land - sale

Hi All -(asking this question again with full details)

 I have got some share of agricultural property ancestrally (in Tamil Nadu) and i am residing outside India and planning to sell that through power of attorney. I have 2 children's who are born abroad and not Indian citizens. Now for selling this property, should we mention their names in Power of attorney (which i give to my friend) or in sale deed or even if we dont mention that is that fine? My understanding is since they are minor, we dont need to mention any of their names anywhere. Please guide me properly.




 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 March 2024

It is a repeated query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 March 2024

If you say that they are ancestral property then your minor children will be entitled to a share out of your share in the property.

You cannot sell the minor share in the property without a permission from court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register