LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VASANTHAKUMAR J V (PO)     11 March 2013

Reg termination from services

Dear Sir , iam J.V.Vasantha kumar from pondicherry . i have been working as probationary officer in Puduvai bharathiar grama bank . A regional rural bank sponsored by Indian Bank . i was terminated from services stating that i was rude to the chairman and i didnt attend review meeting . he was supported by the general manager who is the inquiry officer and public information officer. i approached a High court lawyer who told that i dont have merits on my part . i want the details of the documents , evidences , reports , statements that i can request the bank as an ex employee or public to the bank through RTi or by letters . so please guide me the list of details that i can ask to the bank so that i can have a base on my stand in judiciary . please help me sirs .......

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2013

It is felt that applicable Act is:

---Sec 29 of Regional Rural banks Act 1976 (21 of 1976)  read with Sec17 thereof and Regional Rural banks rules of 1998

Applicable Act: Regional Rural banks Act 1976

Regional Rural banks (Officers and Employees) service regulations means service regulation framed under Sec 30 of the Act

The Government of India circulated the model (staff service) regulations for the officers/employees of the Regional Rural Bank for adoption/approval by their respective Board of Directors. The Board of Directors of the Appellant- Bank in exercise of its powers were to confer upon it under Section 30 of the Act after consultation with the …………(sponsor bank) and Reserve Bank of India and with the previous sanction of the Central Government framed regulations known as "Name of RRB…… Bank Staff Service Regulations, 1985" laying down the terms and conditions of service of its employees

The model guidelines as issued on the subject are attached as “modelrrbregulation”:

“Model  Regulation prepared in consultation with NABARD and Ministry of

Law & Justice and forwarded to all RRBs for adoption with the approval of

their Boards of Directors”

--The guidelines as published in Gazette of India on appointment are also attached as:

RRB Appointment and Promotion Rules - 2010 English

---In the attached Supreme Court Judgments these service regulations have been quoted

Chairman, Ganga Yamuna Gramin Bank & Ors Vs. Devi Sahai [2009] INSC 288 (12 February 2009)

The penalty prescribed in sub-regulation (1) can be imposed only after following the procedure as laid down in the regulation strictly in accordance with the principles of natural justice. Broadly stated in a case of disciplinary action, those principles require that:

i) there is good and sufficient reason for formulating the charges;

ii) The charge-sheeted official knows precisely what the charges are against him and the grounds on which these have been based;

iii) the employee is given reasonable opportunity to show cause against the penalty prescribed to be imposed on him."

Was any show cause notice issued and replied by you?

Was any charge sheet issued and replied by you?

It is felt that Ministry of Finance (Department of Financial Services), your bank, bank of India should be in a position to supply the certified copy of service rules and your bank falls under purview of RTI.

You may approach in person with copies of all documents you have for second opinion a competent and experienced service lawyer specializing in writ matters also, and give inputs in person and spend quality time with your lawyer and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Employee’s union of your bank, BOI can also guide you and provide you the copies of service rules.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Attached File : 783718989 modelrrbregulation.pdf, 783718989 rrb appointment and promotion rules - 2010 english.pdf, 783718989 sc chairman ganag jamuna bank vs devi sahai.doc downloaded: 128 times

VASANTHAKUMAR J V (PO)     18 March 2013

Thank you so much sir

I will Consult everythg with the lawyer sir

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2013

You have posted that:

“i approached a High court lawyer who told that i dont have merits on my part .”

It is not understood what documents you could show to the High Court lawyer and what merits were evaluated.

For your sake you may go for second opinion from a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer, and if proper documents are not available you may obtain these. You may proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

If you wish to avail the services of LCI lawyer you can conduct search at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/#.UUckIkpFZ_4

The page for Pondicherry is at the following link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/browse.asp?search_txt=&cat_id=9&state_id=27&city_id=295&x=93&y=24#.UUckXEpFZ_4

The related lawyers list is also featuring on bottom of this web page as:

Related 'Civil Law' Lawyers

Your near and dear ones, union members of your bank union, bank of India bank union, All India bank Employee’s union  can also guide you to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer.

You may obtain all documents and get your plaint polished from a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer.

VASANTHAKUMAR J V (PO)     19 March 2013

thank you so much for your kind support sir

will follow these steps sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register