LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gurupreet (business)     11 March 2010

Reg Senior Citizen Act

Hello Dear Friends,

I am suspecting harrasment from my father & moter in the form of a case against me in form of senior citizens act. While i have always looked after them they have recently not been on good tersm with me because of my sister and her husband.

My question is as follows:

My father owns 6 shops and earns at least 3-6 lacs a month while  i just earn 1520 thousand per month. Cn my father and mother still drag me into a false case under the "senior citizens act" ?

If yes what precautions should be taken by me. Please help me...Thanks in advance friends.



 4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     12 March 2010

You can put all the facts qua the shops, their income, pension etc; if any to the knowledge and notice of the court while filing your written statement and court shall definitely take all these matters in considerations.


I suggest to reconcile with your parents. After all you are their only son. Try to unite your whole family once again.

1 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     12 March 2010

very nice answer by mr. makkad.

jatin sharma (LAWYER)     12 March 2010

yes makkad sir ur  right

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     12 March 2010


terget of this act is those who willfully neglect their parents, perticularly on the maintenance matter. as you described, you should get maintenance from his estate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register