LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay hiremath   03 March 2024

Reg Revenue site purchased

I have purchased a revenue site in one Gram Panchayat area and got registered on 25th October 2017 for constructing a house and for self staying purpose due to sky rocketing prices in city limits.In fact we 8 relation members have purchased sites adjacent to each ither.Now in adjoining areas corporation is doing acquisition of land for formation of layout.Rumours are there in extension plans our area may also be included in corporation limits.When enquired with Gram Panchayat they are telling that they will give permission for building a. house and after building is built they will do digitilization of property wherein Property ID will be given .
My query is that whether we can build house and suppose if corporation issues notification before the building is built whether property will be regularised or it may be acquired by corporation.I sm in a dilemma reg this matter.please guide.


 4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     03 March 2024

Since the site is already registered you have valid right.The acquision process will not affect it,unless it was notified.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2024

As you have purchased the property by a registered sale deed,  you become the owner of the property. 

As if now there's no notification of acquisition of the property by any authority. 

Therefore you have no reason to be worried about  a non existent issue. 

sanjay hiremath   03 March 2024

Sir,From sources taken out it is learnt that our survey number is in the list of  process of physical survey to be taken up by City Development authority.If at all our survey number falls under acquisition which will be notified shortly ,is it wise to construct building and get my property digitilized wherein there will be property ID.As of now there is no Khata or Property ID for our revenue site.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 March 2024

The corporation shall have to compensate if your land is acquired, however, acquisition should be challenged through a local prudent lawyer before acceptance of amount of compensation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register