Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neha (fresher)     16 May 2011

Reg passport

hello everyone.

1)i am neha harkawat and got married on 21july2010 wid akash saxena.i have already a passport but now after marriage i want to change my surname from harkawat to neha saxena.i want to know thw full procedure for it to change the surname.??

2)and also what will happen to my previos ID proof like pan card and others who having my name as neha harkawat coz my surname wil become saxena after changing it.??

3)and also how to add the name of spouse in the passport??

please tell me the full procedure and rules for my above three queries.

thanks

neha

Learning

5 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     16 May 2011

You need to get marriage certificate first.

Then you need to apply for modification in passport.

You need to follow all procedures as fresh applicat do.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 May 2011

A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing passport due to marriage must furnish: 

(i)      Photocopy of the Husband’s passport, if any, and

(ii)               An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage OR an affidavit from the husband and wife along with a joint photograph, (Specimen at Annexure D). 

ANNEXURE ‘D’

SPECIMEN AFFIDAVIT TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT BY A WOMAN APPLICANT FOR CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE (JOINT AFFIDAVIT TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH HER HUSBAND)

(To be executed on non-judicial stamp paper)

We    1………………………………………………………………………………

(maiden name of wife)

2.……………………………………………………………………………….

(name of husband)       

solemnly declare and affirm as under:

1.That we are married under ……………………….Marriage Act/Rights/Customs and are living together as married couple since……………………………………………

(date of marriage)

2..That ……………………………….. would henceforth be known as …………………

(maiden name of wife)                                                    (name of wife after marriage)

by virtue of our marriage.

3.That our joint photograph is affixed below.

Date:

Signature & address of Deponents

1……………………….

2………………………

Note:       1.  This affidavit may be sworn before a Magistrate/Notary.

2. The joint photograph of the couple is to be pasted on the bottom left hand side of the affidavit paper and attested by the Magistrate/Notary with his/her signature and rubber stamps (half on the photograph and half on the affidavit)

3.   Declaration 2 above to be ignored by applicants who seek endorsement of name of spouse in respect of reissue of a previously issued passport.     

For correction in PAN Card, the procedure For married ladies - change of name on account of marriage - marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, publication of 'name-change' in gazette, copy of passport showing husband's name (or vice versa).

The need may arise, particularly after marriage, to change your surname. this guide will present instructions in reference to marriage only.

Instructions

• 1 : Obtain a copy of your marriage certificate. Instructions for obtaining the certificate can be found via the link at the bottom of this article; select your state from the scroll-down menu.
  • 2  : Present your marriage certificate and a copy of your husband's passport to the local authorities. This will officially change your name.
  • 3  : Notify the appropriate bodies of your name change. This can be done one of two ways. The first option is to take your marriage certificate to a notary public, who will give you a joint notarized affidavit which lists your maiden name, the name you will now be known by, and your signature. The affidavit will also include a picture of both you and your husband. This affidavit, along with your marriage certificate, will allow you to change your name with the tax office, on your driver's license, and at your bank.
  • 4  : Save some money by taking your marriage certificate to the offices of your state government gazette instead. Here, for a small fee, the gazette will publish an announcement of your name change, and will provide you with multiple copies of this announcement. A copy of the gazette, along with your marriage certificate, will serve as official notice of your name change for the same accounts noted in step 3.

Nirupom Dutta (advocate)     16 May 2011

fully agree with Mr vishal & Aravinthan.  just follow the above advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register