Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kapse   14 November 2016

Reg housing society regular maintainance...

Sir, I am newly elected President of a society, having 200 flats. The residents of the society are staying in their flats since last 18 months. The society was registered a month before, still I am waiting for the registration papaers from the builder end.

The builder has handover the building to the society members in June 2016. From June 2016 till October 2016, we formed a temperory managing committee, and they were handling everything. During this period the situation was very bad, and 50% of the members were not ready to pay the maintainance but they want to enjoy the common facilities of the society.

A week before, previous members resigned from their respecive positions/posts, and the members elected me to represent 200 families. I took the charge. Situation changed, and noticed that there was improvement in collection. Still me and my collection committee members are facing a problem related to monthly maintainance collection. The statistics is as follows:

(a) 65% of the families are regularly paying maintainance,

(b) 20% families the families are irr-regular in paying the maintainance,

(c) 5% families are not paying anything since the society formed, and

(d) 10% flats are with builder, which he has'nt pay or refunded any thing to the society.

Requesting you to please guide me, for point # (b), (c), and (d). Your guidelines will help me and my team to improve the system.

Thanks and Regards

Kiran Kapse

Media & IT Professional

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     14 November 2016

Kiran ji u can recover it first from the builder.

Focus on b to recover it since it is 20%. Try to create aware among the society members why payment of maintenance is necessary for society & for them self benefit?

Once people come to know that eventhough we were not using we need to pay in public interest then only they can start paying and also inform other to pay in time.

Will u appreciate my answer by giving THANKS on my LCI profile?

Kiran Kapse   15 November 2016

Bharat ji, I really appretiate your reply and guideline. Surely, I'll follow the steps as you stated above. If anything, I may disturbe you in the forum. Thanks Once again. Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register