LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Reg divorce

Hi everyone. Im from chennai my age is 26 now... i have got married in 2007 and now i have 9 years old son. Due to misunderstandings my ex-husband and i were separated in 2009 May. And he got married in 2010 june itself. I was living separately with my parents. after years again one of my friend proposed me and he said he is willing to marry me. After several discussions we did. And he is unmarried guy. I have got married in 2015 April. He is in his parents home and we dint start out life yet. Now his parents forcing him to do divroce now. and he is asking my signature. so i said i wont put any sign and all. if you really want to leave me then you can apply for divorcee legally. So please suggest me? I dint force him to marry me. But only with his interest only we have move forwarded. But i dint say that i gonna leave. So now what i can do? if he apply for divrocee whether he will get it easily and he will leave me? oresle for spoiling my life i can demand any compensation in the court? Dont have any idea, please help me!!!


 6 Replies

Sood   16 July 2016

Once u r married and u r again remarriage with another man that marriage is void marriage...but u can get compensation and maintainance for further contact me

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     16 July 2016

Dear Cynthiya,

Whether you have obtained decree of divorce of first marriage? Clarify.

A walk alone (-)     16 July 2016

Have you get divorce from first husband before second marriage. If yes then your second marriage is valid. You can file maintenance( if not working). If he want divorce he can file. If you married without divorce from first husband then your second marriage is void.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2016

Without divorce second marriage is an offence under section 494 of ipc. 

He can be live with her as live in relationship only.

Dear sir..... first marriage we have registerd. But we dint get any register certification. And we don't have any proof in first marriage and we are separated my ex husband he married a girl after a month's. So this is the issue. So wat I can do now. So let me have to live this as it is. And whether my second husband have rights to marry without getting divorce from me? Please explain

Vibha   17 July 2016

You second marriage is null and void. No need to get divorce. The second husband an create legal trouble for you if he can get hold of any proof of your first marriage, even photograph is enough, your child is also proof that you were married before. Bigamy is criminal offense with jail sentence. It is better to part ways with husband on amicable terms so that he does not create serious legal trouble for you.

Try to get divorce with first husband made official. He has also committed criminal offense.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register