Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R P KANGANE (SERVICE)     28 April 2009

REFUND OF ADVANCE PAID TO RESORT

Hi

I have made a booking for weekend at Ras Resorts, Silvassa in last week for the stay from 30th April to 3rd May,2009. I have paid Rs.10000/- as an advance to them for booking.Due to sudden hospitalisation of one of the family member, I would not be making to go to resort as scheduled. I called the concerned person for cancellation of my booking today i.e. two days before the actual occupancy of the ressort. Now they are refusing for refund. Kindly advise how to deal with this.

Learning

2 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     06 August 2009

Issue a legal notice to the Resort Owner through an advocate.

Daksh (Student)     29 January 2010

Dear Mr.R.P.Kangane,

There are two schemes under which the Holiday Resort Business is carried.  One is Time Share Unit basis and Other is walk in clients.  You have not specified under which category you have made the booking.   As per the norm of the Travel and Tourism Industry considering the seasonal requirement the cancellation norms differ.   As such you are very much within your rights to get back your dues after stipulated agreed deductions as per the contractual stipulations (depending upon the agreement amongst the parties).  

Now coming to the way forward.  Kindly see the reciept and agreement available with you and stipulations there in.  You may resort to giving legal notice, filing consumer complaint and complaint of unfair trade practice.   For practical reasons kindly consult a qualified Lawyer for this purpose.

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register