LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Mohite   14 June 2022

Refund from international airliner

Hi i had purchased Thai Smile airways ticket to travel from Mumbai to Bangkok this year March 2022 on credit card, unfortunately the airlines rescheduled flights which i could not travel, and they agreed for refund. The refund has not been credited to my account due to various reasons as cited by the airline. it has been four months and several reminders have been sent by mail without any resolution.

The airline is subsidiary of Thai airways and as such do not have any office set-up in India.

Request assistance is resolving the matter 

Learning

2 Replies

Sravika Reddy Kohir   20 June 2022

Hello Kiran Mohite, I acknowledge your question. The foremost thing is to write to the company regarding the same and wherein no answer has been received in your case. the nest remedy is to file a consumer plaint in the consumer forum of your jurisdiction for deficiency in services as per section 2(11) of Consumer Protection Act, 2019. It defines deficiency as, any sort of fault, imperfection, shortcoming or defect in the feature, quality, amount, nature, worth, authenticity, capacity and standard which is obligatory to be maintained and regulated as per the laws and statutes in function or any agreement/contract claimed by the seller, with respect to the products and goods. Including any act of negligence, omission or commission by the seller which causes loss to the consumer, which a prudent seller is supposed to do or is supposed to omit, but deliberately does the contrary, such actions amount to ‘deficiency of service’. Thus, you can file for redressal in the consumer forum against the company.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day.

pabcmoody   22 June 2022

What you should know about cramps during ovulation?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More