LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajaychandra (analyst)     06 February 2014

Refered to lok adalat

i filed a civil suit in district civil court in 2009 against my uncle finally he agreed to give up his claim and filed a memo in the court to pass a decree in favour of plaint. my uncle and me filed memo in court that we have come to compromise and requested the honorable judge to refer the case to lok adalat. case was refered to lok adalat gave a date on 15/02/204 saturday.

1. what is the next procedure

2.what happens if any one of the parties fail to attend on that day in lok adalat

3.is there any chance to change the opinion on the terms of compromise or completely deny

please give me ur suggestions 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 February 2014

Lok Adalat is a special kind of people’s court in which disputes solved by direct talks between the litigants. The members of legal profession, college students, social organisations, charitable and philanthropic institutions and other similar organisations may be associated with Lok Adalat. Salient features of this dispute resolutions are participation,accomadation,fairness,expectations,voluntariness,neighbourliness,transparency and lack of animosity.Lok Adalat after studying the case, try to solve the simple differences which otherwise are likely to leave for reaching consequences through mutual understanding and compromise.Both the parties must attend. Otherwise the case transfer to regular court and to be contested by taking its own time.

ajaychandra (analyst)     07 February 2014

thanks for your response i have basic information about lok adalat. please clarify above mentioned queries. your response would be appreciated 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register